[Qgis-developer] QEP - Proposal for QGIS 3.0 after 2.14

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Wed Oct 21 08:01:08 PDT 2015

The most important thing would probably be to have a working
implementation for

* PyQt5
* Python3

If it is possible to merge support for this in the current codebase -
just like it's currently possible with Qt5 - we can start to collect
experiences. I assume a week or two should be sufficient to get this
into shape. Doing as much work as possible on a single codebase will
have the advantage of minimal fragmentation.

I would propose that somebody is assinged to this job very soon.
This will be required anyway sooner or later and if we do it now, we
have a solid knowledge about what expects us while at the moment there
is a lot of speculation and uncertainty.

Matthias