[Qgis-developer] QEP - Proposal for QGIS 3.0 after 2.14

Hugo Mercier hugo.mercier at oslandia.com
Fri Oct 23 12:02:59 PDT 2015

Hi,

On 22/10/2015 18:01, Larry Shaffer wrote:

> Hmm. You mean put in a QEP tomorrow, and ask the PSC to vote on that
> early next week? I would think at least a week of dev community comments
> on such a QEP would be warranted, given the very large scope.
>
> Maybe ask Jürgen and PSC for one extra week of feature freeze on master
> branch while this is decided?

I like Larry's idea of focusing on the porting effort to smooth the
transition.

That's an important decision. So probably it will require a little bit
more discussions before deciding, including feedback from users and funders.

But it does not prevent from starting important work, as proposed by
Matthias on the PyQT5 + Python3 porting side, this kind of work won't be
lost anyway.