[Qgis-developer] QEP - Proposal for QGIS 3.0 after 2.14

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Sun Oct 25 00:10:45 PDT 2015

On 10/24/2015 09:13 PM, Nyall Dawson wrote:

> But keeping the possibility of merging the branch before 2.14 means
> the api is locked... That's not ideal, it'll create a lot of
> (unneeded) extra work. I'd say allow breaks in the branch, merge after
> 2.14.

Why does that mean that the API is locked?

On 10/25/2015 12:42 AM, Nathan Woodrow wrote:

> What ever we do we just can't break plugins unless it's planned out
> and all in one go to reduce the number of updates that need to be done

Introduction of code to support python 3 and pyqt5 does not break
plugins if done right.

It only may break plugins if it's turned on. Therefore it's not the work
on this code that should be concerted but the deployment of binaries
with support for these features.