[Qgis-developer] plans for 2.10 branch? (was: I broke a test)

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 19:21:58 PDT 2015

On 30 Aug 2015 20:50, "Tim Sutton" <tim at kartoza.com> wrote:

> Hey Nyall
>
>> On 29 Aug 2015, at 05:22, Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 28 August 2015 at 17:23, Denis Rouzaud <denis.rouzaud at gmail.com>
wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I just committed a fix in the relation reference widget both in master
[0]
>>> and release 2_10 [1].
>>> Everything went well for Travis for master, but apparently it brke the
>>> qgis_rasterlayertest [2].
>>

>> Not sure what's happened here, but it did trigger my memory to ask a
>> question I've been meaning to for a while...
>>

>> What's the current plans for the 2.10 branch? While we have a definite
>> process regarding releases from the LTS 2.8 branch, is there any
>> follow-up 2.10 releases planned? Or given that we are closing in on
>> 2.12 is there little point for a 2.10 release and hence no reason to
>> backport to that branch?
>

> The general policy is not to do any 2.10.x releases unless there is a
real show stopper issue that prevents general usage of the release.

Does http://hub.qgis.org/issues/13162 count as a show stopper? It makes
rasters totally unusable in 2.10 on OSX.

Nyall

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/e94ebc41957d92ddc2e83d494a71845c14a934ee

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/fc14f0e9a0775578ccc6a801717bd4077a9a8221