[Qgis-developer] [QGIS-Processing] Define optional parameters in Script

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 04:44:32 PDT 2015

Aside from the syntax...I am not sure it is a good idea...

I mean, it is a good idea to allow optional parameters...but that is a
big change in the current semantics of Processing algorithms. Some
params can be optional (layers, tables), and have a setting for that.
When they are not used, their value is None, but the value has to be
passed (so an optional layer param is a layer param that can be None).
Allowing optional parameters would require some importante changes in
many places in Processing, specially in the modeler, so i would
suggest some more discussion about this.

Not sure if that can maybe be added to the WPS plugin part, so nothing
changes in Processing, but the WPS service exposes the parameters as
optional and then fills the values with a default one before actually
callin gprocessing.

Hope this helps