[Qgis-developer] CDash

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Mon Sep 14 03:07:26 PDT 2015

Hi developers,

For about a year we have continuous integration support with travis. I
turned out to be a great tool for quality control and has evolved into
an amazing state which I did not expect when I started the crowdfunding
campaign.

At the moment it is a standard procedure to check if a pull requests
passes the travis checks. And when the master branch goes red, the
developers head gets the same color.

One major reason that the builds turn red quite often is because the
test results cannot be submited to cdash. This is pretty annoying since
false positives cost time, decrease motivation and reduce the
credibility of travis. I do not know the exact reason for the
instability of the current hosting but there is a need to improve it.

Does anybody know the current hosters (otb) and is able to ask them if
they are aware of the problems and what would be required to improve
stability?
Alternatively we could also start hosting our own cdash. That means that
we need to maintain it.
We could also look into 3rd party hosting. I had a short look at
my.cdash.org but I assume that the upload quota of 100MB for the free
plan is too low for us (would need to verify though) and the paid ones
are only slightly higher.

Do you have more ideas or feedback on the above points?

It would be great to improve the significance of travis even further!

Matthias