[Qgis-developer] [QGIS-Server] Add a Short Name to layers for OGC Web Services

René-Luc Dhont rldhont at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 08:29:47 PDT 2015

Hi Régis,

Thanks for your reply.

I would like to resrtict the discussion on name, short name and title.
and the way users use layer name.

For every QGIS Desktop user, the layer name is a human beings. They used
space and accent because is the way to authenticate a layer in a legend.

Now, if a user want to publish his project to the Web with QGIS Server,
he probably doesn't want to update layer name and add a layer title for
publishing compliant OGC Web Services. Régis, you can confirm it, isn't it ?

So to make QGIS and QGIS server more friendly for publishing OGC Web
Services, I think a Short Name for layers can be useful.