[Qgis-developer] Kriging interpolation functionality in QGIS?

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 11:32:43 PDT 2015

Werner, Barry

I just wrote to have Kriging in QGIS with less external *dependencies*
like GRASS, SAGA (or R).
That's what I meant by "easier to use" in my initial thread.

Then I challenged the benefit of Kriging versus IDW just because I
don't want to use it because it's cool.
Thanks to Barry and others for the explanations.

The use case you obviously have in mind, is to do data analytics as a
researcher or informed user - which requires the steps Sjur mentioned
(many thanks too).

On the other hand, to me it's still worth thinking of a helper dialog
(in whatever implementation and whatever you call it) which suggests
parameters calculated on cross validation.

... Unless you are saying that only statisticians can ever master Kriging :-O

:Stefan