[Qgis-developer] Expression texts taking 30 minutes on Mac

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Tue Sep 29 09:24:41 PDT 2015

Hi Larry,

On Tue, 29. Sep 2015 at 08:42:35 -0600, Larry Shaffer wrote:
> When compiling on Mac, the following line takes ~30 minutes to complete:
>
> [  0%] Building CXX object
> src/core/CMakeFiles/qgis_core.dir/qgsexpression_texts.cpp.o

How large is that file on your machine?  Here it's about 150k.  One of the
largest files - but qgsexpression.cpp is almost the same size.

Not sure if it grew significantly, when it's production was changed from
including the html function help to filling the objects.

And I didn't find an elegant way to make the preparation only run if one of the
json file changes (or a new one is added).

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode