[Qgis-developer] Installation on Win10: msys missing? Then Processing deadly slow

Lene Fischer lfi at ign.ku.dk
Tue Apr 5 22:57:27 PDT 2016

Yes - this is a known issue.

Claus Sørensen wrote about this last month. I have had the same problems and did follow his recommendation. I wonder why QGIS want writing access to a program folder?.

I copy his mail here.

Regards

Lene Fischer

Hi everyone

On a QGIS workshop march 9. in Silkeborg, Denmark with 30+ enthusiastic newcomers to QGIS, we encountered 3 pc’s with extremely slow – tending to non-functional – search box in “Processing -> Toolbox”.

OS’es ranging from Win7, Win8.1 and Win10. Win7 and Win10 unknown version but with 2.14.0 also unknown bit  flavour.

My Win8.1 Pro in 64-bit with QGIS version 2.14.0  in 64 bit and no administrative rights.

By elevating security on the installation folder – in my case c:\Program Files\QGIS Essen\ - to allow users “change” rights, the search box became functional again – on every pc.

Regards

Claus Sørensen

Chartered Surveyor

Viborg Kommune