[Qgis-developer] Adding a feature to multipolygon PostGIS table produces an error

Lauri Kajan lauri.kajan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 07:07:06 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I'm trying to digitize new features to a multipolygon PostGIS table which
geometry column is defined as geometry(multipolygon, 3067).

When I create a new feature and digitize one polygon, add some data to
fields and finally click save layer edits button I get the following error
message:
PostGIS error while adding features: ERROR: Geometry type
(GeometryCollection) does not match column type (MultiPolygon).

Am I doing something wrong or should I file a ticket?

I'm working on QGIS 2.14.1., PostgreSQL 9.3.12 an PostGIS 2.1.7 combo.

Thanks,

-Lauri