[Qgis-developer] GRASS issues

Médéric Ribreux mederic.ribreux at medspx.fr
Thu Apr 7 10:14:31 PDT 2016

Le 2016-04-07 18:40, Alexander Bruy a écrit :
> Hi Paolo,

>> * Processing asks for a msys folder, and gives an error until the path
>> is removed from config; as Juergen explained, msys is no longer
>> required, so why is Processing asking for it?
>
> Looking at this right now.
>
>> * AFAIK now on Windows we only have grass 6: why then we still have a
>> grass (assumed 6) in Processing?
>
> Already fixed. GRASS 7 is default now, and GRASS 6 can be enabled
> if necessary.
>
>> * the links in the grass help from Processing do not seem to work.
>
> If I'm not wrong, support for GRASS help was added only for GRASS 7
> as it is the default GRASS version now.
Hello Paolo,

for GRASS7 I have made a (merged) Pull-Request
(https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/2872) to use local help whenever it
is installed on the system.
But it was only for GRASS7, not GRASS6...

I have made some tests on MS-Windows (at least XP and 7) and I had to
use a Qurl, just to be sure to open a local link (file:///).

On Debian Stretch, I have no problem either: whenever grass-doc package
is installed, Processing use the local documentation files and when you
click on a link, it opens the local file.

What is the URI of the link in the local help page (you can retrieve it
with a right-click and copy link) ?

Cheers...
--
Médéric RIBREUX