[Qgis-developer] GRASS issues

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Fri Apr 8 00:33:46 PDT 2016

Hi Paolo,

On Thu, 07. Apr 2016 at 18:36:42 +0200, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> sorry if I'm repeating known issues. I just finished a course, and I
> found some things I do not understand (of course, it's Windows!):
> * why do we have two desktops, one with and one without grass?

In OSGeo4W there is a QGIS package that comes with a shortcut and doesn't
require GRASS.  And there a packages for the GRASS plugin for GRASS6 and 7 that
both come with a shortcut that uses the corresponding GRASS version.

> * AFAIK now on Windows we only have grass 6: why then we still have a
> grass (assumed 6) in Processing?

No, 6 & 7.  But we have builds for Linux that have either GRASS version.

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode