[Qgis-developer] GRASS Plugin missing g.copy?

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Sun Apr 10 11:58:52 PDT 2016

Hi,

I just tested the Browser in QGIS. It has indeed no "Copy" in the context menu, just "Rename",  "Delete" or New vector layer.
However, Drag and Drop works fine. So if you want to copy a GRASS map, just drag it from the source to destination Mapset. Source and destination can be the same. If a map exists you are asked to specify a name...

Hence, g.copy is not present in the GRASS plugin in QGIS.

For me (QGIS 2.14.0, GRASS 7.0.3, OSGeo4W), g.copy starts also on the commandline. However, if you want to open the module GUI like that you have to run:
g.copy --ui

Cheers
Stefan