[Qgis-developer] Any work being done implementing OpenCL / CUDA in QGIS?

johnrobot johnrobot at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 08:10:33 PDT 2016

Hi
I´m merging a few thousand features and QGIS has been working on it for a
while now, which brought me to think of CUDA/OpenCL support. Are there any
plans on implementing OpenCL or CUDA in QGIS? I have only found a few older
discussions on this matter.

http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Using-the-power-of-GPU-OpenCL-td4101642.html

http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Very-slow-performance-with-large-SHP-files-with-over-200k-objects-td4132665.html#a4132679

I guess this is a rather complex task, but speeding up data processing in
QGIS would of course be beneficial when working with large data sets.

Best regards,

Magnus