[Qgis-developer] Insert/Update in existing layers using Processing

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr
Wed Apr 13 01:36:28 PDT 2016

Hi Arnaud,
very nice roadmap, ETL features are really missing.

I use FME and Talend a lot and my guess is that what is really comfortable
to user is the graphical mapping tool (TMap component in Talend) that helps
user doing field pairing, combined with an auto-pair feature that tries to
guess pairing based on field name proximity + order.
See here for Talend :
https://www.talendforge.org/tutorials/data/tuto008/130off.png
<https://www.talendforge.org/tutorials/data/tuto008/130off.png>

And here for FME  http://hpics.li/b34ba99 <http://hpics.li/b34ba99>

That would be a nice addition to a copy-paste mapping popup window or
refactor field algorithm. I bet this is not an easy work, but it's worth
trying it.

Cheers
Régis