[Qgis-developer] Public WFS and WMS for CI testing

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Wed Apr 20 04:10:43 PDT 2016

Hi Tom

On 04/20/2016 12:16 PM, Tom Chadwin wrote:
> I currently use a couple of random layers out there (one WFS, one WMS) for
> Travis testing. One went wrong recently. What services does QGIS Travis
> testing use? Presumably the devs have faith in those servers' and layers'
> availability?

The problem with external services is that they need to be very stable.
For this reason, the osm test is excluded on CI, it was producing many
false alarms while never pointing to real issues.

The best thing one can do is to bring up a server on localhost which
responds (statically or with some simple logic) to the requests. See
e.g. test_qgsnetworkcontentfetcher.py for how that can look.

Matthias