[Qgis-developer] Different GeoJson results from QgsVectorFileWriter.writeAsVectorFormat() on different systems

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Thu Apr 21 02:11:47 PDT 2016

Hi Tom,

On Thu, 21. Apr 2016 at 01:28:02 -0700, Tom Chadwin wrote:
> Apologies, Juergen - messages crossed. So are you saying, given SHP input and
> QGIS 2.8.1, that it's not possible to replicate the 2.14.1 output? If so,
> I'll have to generate my test control files from a 2.8 installation.

Well, I'm just saying that it depends on OGR what QGIS sees in the source file
and if it's OFTInteger64 it will be written as OFTString in 2.8 and in master
depending on the OGR version either as OFTInteger64 or OFTString.

Because I don't know if and if so when OGR reports OFTInteger64 from shapes and
that is might have changed is just guess work from the fact that writing 64bit
ints was added.   So this is just giving pointers to more things to consider...

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de