[Qgis-developer] Fw: [OSGeo-Discuss] Requirements for an OSGeo Git service

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 01:59:50 PDT 2016

> I totally agree, I am happy with the git(hub) infrastructure and do not
> see a reason why a move should be considered.
>
> I'll be happy to look into an osgeo git repo when I start a new project.
>
> Matthias

I'm also happy with github, but I do see one good reason to move: AFAIK
github is not completely free (as in speech) and I'd prefer to use a
completely free platform under OSGEO umbrella if it offers the same
service.
SSO with OSGEO id would also be a plus.

But we should be realistic and unless we allocate some serious resources or
someone volunteers to move all the stuff to a new platform and maintain it
in the future I'd stick to github for the time being.

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it