[Qgis-developer] strange GetCapabilities caching

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Aug 1 06:36:14 PDT 2016

Hi Nicklas,

Just a heads up that this is still an issue with 2.16.0; however now it
seems to be even worse now:

  - the "Clear" button for clearing the cache has now been changed to an
icon with arrows, that is confusing to the user.  I think a button with
the words "Clear Cache" makes more sense.
  - I just now spent 4 hours trying to get a service to appear in QGIS,
and the issue was that pressing the clear cache icon in QGIS 2.16.0
wasn't actually clearing the cache: I had to go into
C:/Users/Jeff/.qgis/cache/data7/ and manually delete the contents of
that folder, and magically my WMS service worked in QGIS

Keep your heads up for that issue.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna