[Qgis-developer] Best way to share QGIS scripting techniques

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Thu Aug 18 11:06:13 PDT 2016

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 6:30 PM, C Hamilton <adenaculture at gmail.com> wrote:

> Recently, I needed to create a set of images using a vector data set that
> contained dates. I wanted to iterate across years to generate the images.
> The TimeManager plugin works perfect for this, except I needed more control
> of the output image - the type of control I get from the Print Composer.
> To accomplish the task I created the Print Composer to generate the layout
> that I wanted. Then I wrote a python script that communicated with the
> TimeManager plugin to set the date and then called the Print Composer's
> generate tiff image routine. It worked great.
>
> I think this would make a good how-to tutorial. Where is the best location
> to put such a tutorial and is there a public data set that you would
> recommend that I could use for the tutorial because my data set is not
> sharable. It would need a date field.

​A blog post would work as Tom mentioned. If you don't have a blog, I can
offer you to write a guest post on my blog.

Another place would be the PyQGIS cookbook.

Concerning datasets, I've used e.g. OSM data (contains timestamps for last
update per feature) in the past. There is also some public movement data
that could be used.

Best wishes,
Anita