[Qgis-developer] Change PSC Community Manager Role

Otto Dassau dassau at gbd-consult.de
Tue Aug 23 08:11:58 PDT 2016

Dear Community,

there will be a change in the QGIS PSC.

I (Otto) decided to step back from my PSC role as Community Advisor. I
enjoyed being part of the PSC for a couple of years but realized that I
won't find enough time in the future for this job anymore.

At the hackfest in Bonn the PSC decided not to recast the Community Advisor
role. Instead there will be team managers who together with a team of
contributors will take care about the tasks this role has included so far.

In this context we are happy to announce that we have already found two well
known community members to fill this gap - Lene Fischer from Denmark and Yves
Jacoline from France. Lene will concentrate on community tasks and Yves on
documentation.

More details about the new structure will be announced by the PSC in the
near future.

Best wishes
Otto