[Qgis-developer] QgsProject.instance().writeEntry() with spaces in var name

Tom Chadwin tom.chadwin at nnpa.org.uk
Wed Aug 24 10:34:46 PDT 2016

I don't know if this deduction from a lot of banging my head against a bug is
correct, but this seems to me to be the behaviour:

1. QgsProject.instance().writeEntry() a variable with spaces in the variable
name
2. Read it back in - this works
3. Save your project
4. Read it back in - works
5. Close your project (open a different one, or close QGIS)
6. Reopen your project
7. Read it back in - fails

This does not seem to affect var names with no spaces. So the spaces are
being stripped, but only when written to the project file, not when they are
still in memory?

Can anyone confirm? Is this a bug?

-----
Buy Pie Spy: Adventures in British pastry 2010-11 on Amazon