[Qgis-developer] issue move to gh stalled

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sat Aug 27 05:31:18 PDT 2016

On 26-08-16 23:03, Denis Rouzaud wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Being part of the unhappy, I would like to ask if you have considered
> running our own gitlab instance or using a gitlab service?
>
> To me integrated solution should be a hard requirement.
>
> If we have to maintain something like Redmine, why not gitlab. It seems
> you can categorize issues.

To add some extra info:

- we put effort in porting the existing issues to github (given the
precondition we want to keep full history with such a move, and not
loose information). But failed both in time and complexity, and
everybody was 'waiting' on a move ...

- also administration/updating the running service was an issue in this.
Because of the old version of the OS it was not so easy to update
Redmine, because of the old verson of Redmine we have a security issue
AND the redmine2github scripts that we found on internet did not work
with this older redmine version...

So having a fast and uptodate OS now, with a Redmine that is easily
updatable (apt-get update) we think this is the best step for now.
Github Integration I think is doable with the plugins, webhooks we use now.

As Gitlab is not in the repo's we would have to install our own, AND we
also were not able to recover the issues.

Now that it looks that we can at least move all our issues + info to an
up to date OS/Redmine version, maybe somebody can do some testing to see
if he/she is able to use newer 'export/import' scripts available... But
note that you VERY early hit in Github throtteling issues....

So: please bear with us for now, and if we have the new Redmine running
(it is at least very fast!), we can always see if there is another
alternative, given the precondition that we want to pull all info over
to another 'system'... we 'just' need somebody to do it :-)

Regards,

Richard