[Qgis-developer] QGIS 2.16 compiling with '-std=c++11', Screen refreshing

Mark Johnson mj10777 at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 28 21:46:04 PDT 2016

Yesterday I managed to resolve dependency problems which prevented the
install of the present QGIS 2.16.

So I am now attempting to compile the branch 'release-2_16', since 2.10 was
the last version that I could compile and use properly.

At 51% it received warnings/errors:

"warning: identifier 'nullptr' is a keyword in C++11 [-Wc++0x-compat]"
"error: 'nullptr' was not declared in this scope"

which I hope will be resolved by adding '-std=c++11' to the CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS

I just greped the source and see that 'nullptr' is used quite often and has
been  defined in
- analysis/qgsrastercalcparser.cpp
- core/qgsexpressionparser.cpp
since version 2.8, so I am not sure if this is the correct solution
(compiling now at 48%)

--
While trying out 2.16, I noticed that the Screen refreshing (since commit
2014_05_01) still blanks out the screen when moving around.

But since there have been many changes since the (geometry editing is what
interests me most), I would like to use the latest version - but without
this eye-sore (including the distracting scrollbar that goes back and forth
instead of a 'busy' cursor).

Is there a way to turn is off?
- i.e. back to previous 'freeze' of the image with 'busy' cursor until the
refresh has completed

I do a lot of georeferencing, so am concentrating on the map while moving,
so this 'blinking' is truly a strain on the eyes.

---
The above solution seems to have resolved the first issue, since it went on
to 54% where it failed while linking qgis.
(Undefined reference
to `QgsRelationManagerDialog::setLayers(QList<QgsVectorLayer*> const&)')

Mark Johnson, Berlin Germany