[Qgis-developer] issue move to gh stalled

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Mon Aug 29 08:07:21 PDT 2016

Sandro Santilli <strk at kbt.io> writes:

> On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 03:37:37PM +0200, Luigi Pirelli wrote:
>
>> I tried again... before logging to osgeo wiki to be sure about my
>> credentials... and than to osgeo gitlab, but... no way :(
>
> Note that the OSGeo Wiki does *NOT* use the LDAP credentials.
> What you could try is logging into a trac instance (where you could
> report the issue), or into Gogs (https://git.osgeo.org/gogs)

FWIW, I have had an osgeo account (trac for postgis etc.) for a long
time, and I was able to log into the gitlab instance.

Also, with respect to migration, I think free software orgs self-hosting
is a good thing, but using gitlab hosting seems nice because it's free
software (unlike github) and most importabtly because gitlab is said to
have export/import so one has the option to switch to self-hosting
later.