[Qgis-developer] Decoupling core/data and GUI part of widgets in 3.0

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Aug 31 22:07:21 PDT 2016

On 31-08-16 13:38, Denis Rouzaud wrote:

>> > Fine by me - a QEP would have just been a way to get yourself and
>> > Denis to approve a design for this :)
> Let's go like this, but don't disappoint me ;)

Mmm, I think a QEP is not only to discuss but also to give some
background/context. To be honest I understand  'decoupling' between
model/view gui/core, but you lost me when you talked " to use a
tree-like structure based on QVariants".

Would it not be a good idea (also for future reference) to write a short
QEP, with
- the problem we have
- some context + link to your backgroud info
- maybe some more layman description of the used solution?
- some examples (Python/cpp?)

I really like the way Python uses it PEP-documents: you get an idea WHY
in history something is done.

I'm even happy to try to write it, IF I could follow the discussion :-(

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde