[Qgis-developer] Status of Q3 migration?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 15:02:39 PST 2016

On 3 December 2016 at 19:51, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm regularly compiling QGIS master, and I'm surprised how usable and
> smooth it is - obviously not suitable for production, but apparently not
> so far from it. It would be great if those more involved with the
> migration could give us a quick overview:
> * are there blocking factors?
> * which are the main areas which require much work?
> * are the deadlines proposed originally feasible
> * how can we speed up the migration?

Hmm.... I've brought up previously on the list my thoughts that we
should *extend* the timeline to mid next year, as opposed to speeding
it up.

See https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-developer/2016-October/045554.html

I'm still strongly of the view that extending the timeline is a good
idea and will give us a much better 3.x series.

Nyall