[Qgis-developer] Proposal: Having all Processing providers as independent components

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 04:21:09 PST 2016

>> This would have some advantages. Providers would be better organized,
>
> Can you elaborate on this? Is it just better organised because they
> would be in separate repos?

Yes, mainly because of that, since all provider would be treated
equal. Now the providers that are in core seem to be rather arbitrary
to me. We have Lidar Tools or TauDEM in core, while lwgeomlib
(probably more useful for most users) is a separate plugin itself.

Also, if we move all providers to separate plugins, that will serve as
 example for those creating their own algs, which i hope will help in
encouraging people to add functionality through Processing.

Anyway, this might not be the biggest advantage. Having a more
atomized approach like this gives us more posibilities, from my point
of view