[Qgis-developer] destinationSrsChanged, custom srs

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 00:19:14 PST 2016

Hi Matthias,

> QgsMapSettings is a data only object, meaning that new map settings
> objects are created from a map canvas "snapshot" for every rendering job
> and therefore they don't change and don't need to (and cannot) emit signals.

thanks for clarification.

> For the QgsCoordinateTransform question, how are you generating the
> transform object? I assume with createFromWkt or createFromProj4 it
> should work, but I'm sure there are people more experienced with this
> part of the API out there.

I am getting transformation object from map canvas (when loading
vector data - QGIS doesn't recognize from PRJ file EPSG:5514 and set
up map canvas crs to a new user-defined crs):

"""
crs = self.iface.mapCanvas().mapSettings().destinationCrs()
QgsCoordinateReferenceSystem(str(crs.authid())) // -> USER:100000
"""

will return crsSrc.isValid() False value. Thanks, Martin

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa