[Qgis-developer] should core plugins not be available in plugin manager?

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 00:30:14 PST 2016

Hi all,
just a reminder that we have a --noplugins startup option that will
deactivate plugins for testing purpose.
What would be then the intended behaviour with core python plugins like
processing?

On my side, I would keep an option to do that, and if possible not rename
it. So this is an argument to support the idea of naming them plugin
(because they are plugins from a code point of view).

Thinking loudly, maybe a CLI option to choose explicitly the list of
plugins to load could even be better. That way default behavior will always
have plugins loaded, but edge uses cases still have a way to avoid loading
some at all.
Opinions?
Régis