[Qgis-developer] Do Python plugins already work with QGIS 3?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue Dec 13 07:04:45 PST 2016

On 12/13/2016 03:51 PM, Andreas Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I compiled and installed QGIS 3 - which worked fine. But at start of
> QGIS, none of the Python plugins seem to work, e.g. processing,
> db-manager, etc. all fail.
>
> Is this expected behaviour or is there something in my compile settings
> that would make these Python "core" plugins work in QGIS 3.0 on Python 3?

During compilation there is (was?) a script which fixed python2 lingua
to python3 (scripts/2to3). You need python3 future for that (on Debian):

pip3 install future

Maybe during your compilation/installation this step failed?

There are also some plugins already (preliminary, as api can still
change) ported to 3:

https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/plugins.xml?qgis=3.0

The Core plugins you name, work here with me on Debian testing.

Regards,

Richard