[Qgis-developer] Do Python plugins already work with QGIS 3?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Dec 13 07:23:41 PST 2016

Hi,

I get a message:

------------

Unable to load GdalTools plugin.

The required "osgeo [python-gdal]" module is missing.

Install it and try again.

------------

then there is a new error message:

--------------

ImportError: No module named 'osgeo'

I installed gdal from source, but enabled Python and also enabled shared
libraries.

Could it be that gdal was compiled with Python 2 while QGIS runs with
Python 3?

If that's the case, how can i compile GDAL with Python 3 support?

Can I compile gdal with Python 2 and 3 support if I want QGIS 2.x and
3.x on the same machine?

Thanks,
Andreas