[Qgis-developer] Different file format for GML QGIS vs Processing

matteo matteo.ghetta at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 08:29:39 PST 2016

Hi all,

I'm approaching to do some more test of Processing. I followed the guide
on the repo (and also Matthias gav me some super useful advices) but
something is strange with the output of Processing itself.

I'm using QGIS 3 on a Linux Mint machine (fresh compiled) and when I
save a vector as GML as external file with Processing 2 files are created:

1. layer.gml
2. layer.xsd

Instead if I save the same layer from QGIS (or another shapefile) as
GML, QGIS writes 2 files:

1. layer.gml
2. layer.gfs

I saw that in the expected folder of the processing test there are only
gml-gfs file.

Could the .xsd file gave some problem when running tests? Even if not,
why the saving process creates different file whether one uses QGIS or
Processing?

Thanks to all

Matteo