[Qgis-developer] Plugin [1102] AequilibraE approval notification.

Luigi Pirelli luipir at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 13:18:08 PST 2016

Hi List

The Binary problem (?):
In this recently added plugin I can find cython modules precompiled in
forms odf pyd, or so. (and relative cython code)
Following the presentation in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz3jbM_JBTo
I understand that the reason is performance, but how to prevent

* probably we should start to plan a safe infrastructure to allow
uploading plugin with compiled modules... any idea other than a simple
checksum?

The license problem (?):
other question is regarding the cython algorithm. I can read in
https://github.com/AequilibraE/AequilibraE/blob/master/aequilibrae/paths/AoN.pyx#L23
"Codes for route ennumeration, DAG construction and Link nesting were
written by Pedro Camargo (2013) and have all their rights reserved to
the author"

Obviously the author has right reserved, an in the same code the
author refer to the LICENSE.txt that is a standard GPL license:
here: https://github.com/AequilibraE/AequilibraE/blob/master/aequilibrae/paths/AoN.pyx#L18
and here: https://github.com/AequilibraE/AequilibraE/blob/master/LICENSE.TXT

how should we have to read the "right reserved" sencence by the author?

regards
Luigi Pirelli

* Boundless QGIS Support/Development: lpirelli AT boundlessgeo DOT com
* GitHub: https://github.com/luipir
* Mastering QGIS 2nd Edition:
* https://www.packtpub.com/big-data-and-business-intelligence/mastering-qgis-second-edition