[Qgis-developer] Drag & Drop fails on Geopackage

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 07:25:50 PST 2016

Hi Andreas,

> So the drag and drop issue seems unrelated to Geopackage - right?

as far as I remember there is a general regression about d&d + the
same functionality always had issues with gpkg (among the other
things).

> About geopackage: if you can come up with a comprehensive list with
> Geopackage problems I would be willing to find finances to fix these issues.
> I would ask Even Rouault to have a look at these issues.

I will do.

> I personally have a strong, very strong urge to have a good alternative to
> these stupid, ugly shapefiles. We really need to make sure that Geopackage
> works well in QGIS/GDAL and FOSSGIS in general. Only then we can seriously
> suggest geopackage as a Shapefile replacement.

agree, a lot.

> BTW: I also think that regressions in a LT bug fix release are really
> undesired. We received quite a lot of funding recently to QGIS.ORG and I
> think we should spend some of these on fixing the LT regression issues.

I think that lately the very bad thing is that regression in between
point releases of LTR started to surface.
I strongly suggest that the paid bug fixing effort should be targeted
to 1) regressions 2) issues that we know cause crash or data
corruption in a replicable manner.

-- G --