[Qgis-developer] Regressions in lts (was: Drag & Drop fails on Geopackage)

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 18:36:14 PST 2016

On 22 Dec 2016 00:29, "Neumann, Andreas" <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:

BTW: I also think that regressions in a LT bug fix release are really
undesired. We received quite a lot of funding recently to QGIS.ORG and I
think we should spend some of these on fixing the LT regression issues.

Do you have examples of serious regressions in the LTS? My experience
(based entirely on gut feeling and near daily reading of the bug tracker)
is that there hasn't been any serious regressions so far in 2.14. We've had
packaging issues due to the webkit mess, but this isn't really our fault
and only affected debian users as far as I'm aware. Otherwise, we've had
some non serious bugs introduced but only as a result of related fixes to
somewhat fragile areas of the code.

But that's just my experience, and I'm keen to hear if yours differs!

Nyall