[Qgis-developer] DWG/DXF Import on Linux

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Thu Dec 22 18:44:28 PST 2016

Hi Nyall,

On Fri, 23. Dec 2016 at 07:47:43 +1000, Nyall Dawson wrote:
> I think the dialog should also offer the option to create a new gpkg (or
> even better would be to change the output selector from an open file
> chooser to a save file chooser and mimic the current behaviour of the save
> vector dialog, where choosing to save using an existing filename gives
> options for overwriting or appending to the existing file).

If you specify a non existent geopackage it will be created.  If you specify a
specify an existent file you can reload the drawing or choose other layers.

> - DWG input is called "Drawing". Could we call it "DWG drawing" ?

DWG is a abbrevation for drawing and it could also be a drawing in Drawing
eXchange Format (DXF).

> - Import step is triggered from inside the file dialog chooser, which is
>   quite uncommon. It lets user think there is some freeze when in fact real
>   work is being done

Actually that was the version before - essentially the same, just one click
less.  But that was before there were options - now the previous version
would be preferable.

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de