[Qgis-developer] Future of the GDALTools plugin

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 07:06:44 PST 2016

Hi all,

>> the command line has been added (thanks Victor). What is missing is the
>> possibility of directly editing the command and launch it from the
>> interface. Although very convenient for power users, I do not consider
>> this a blocker.
>
> Ah - didn't realise that. I don't consider editing the command a blocker either.

agree, while a cool feature for power users is not so important for general use.

Actually there is a much more important regression in gdal tools
(Processing equivalent tools not affected) that would make sense  to
be eventually addressed if gdal tools is not being removed from
lts/2.18: in recent qgis versions new numeric/integer fields created
with the QGIS field calculator are *not* recognized in tools like gdal
rasterize (a very, very common operation).

cheers

-- G --