[Qgis-developer] Question about QEP process

Mark Johnson mj10777 at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 27 08:49:13 PST 2016

> Hey Mark,
>
> A QEP should be opened in order for review to take place on any design
> changes that might need descussion.

The 'design changes' will be more on how the Georeferencer will work, not
QGIS 3.0 itsself.

> Also please note that 2.x is not receiving any new features as we are now
> working on 3.0. 2.x will only be bug fixes.

Although this is being developed with 2.x (where the major changes are
Georeferencer
internal)
- the intention is to offer it mainly as a QGIS 3.0 version (that will also
run with 2.*)
- correcting this that could work better
- extending it ways that as someone who has used it for 100s of projects in
the last 4-5 years useful

The idea of the QEP would therefore be to
- introduce the concept with the reasons why
- and come to consensus

Mark

Regards,