[Qgis-developer] GSOC 2016

sarthak agarwal sarthak0415 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 13:17:12 PST 2016

Hello devs,

Myself Sarthak currently working under Dr. KS Rajan as a research student
in Spatial Informatics Lab, IIIT hyderabad . I am currently working in
spatial databases by optimizing the performance of mongoDb for spatial
databases. Previously i have worked on Billboard placement optimization
problem(using QGIS) and with pgRouting as a part of my previous GSOC
project. I regularly use QGIS for my research work as well.

I am an open source enthusiast and likes to contribute to our osego
community. I am interested in working with QGIS as a part of GSOC project.

Lately I was trying work on processing toolbox to reclassify some of the
fields in a vector shapefile and found a bug in the existing platform.
v.reclass either uses cols or rules to reclassify the shapefile but in QGIS
PT there is no option to deselect the coltab and it gives error when you
provide rules file as well. I think the implementation can also be improved.
While I going through the code after forking it from github, I couldn’t
figure out where to look for the exact code of `processing toolbox` to make
the changes.

Can someone please guide me in the same direction.

Regards,
Sarthak Agarwal
Btech and Ms by research in Spatial Informatics
International Institute Of Information Technology ,Hyderabad