[Qgis-developer] Mozillas release schedule

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Sat Feb 6 03:29:56 PST 2016

Hi,

Mozilla had a six-week fixed release schedule for the past couple
months/years.

They now change to a "variably scheduled six-to-eight week release
cycle" - so with two weeks of buffer - should there be any serious bugs
or holiday season clashes.

See
https://blog.mozilla.org/futurereleases/2016/02/04/update-on-2016-firefox-release-schedule/

Thought that this interesting to share - and probably quite similar to
what we do - we have our fixed release schedule, but should there be a
serious bug that is discovered close to the planned release date, there
is some flexibility. The main problem, however remains - that bugs are
often discovered shortly after the release, because most users don't
test before the release ...

Andreas