[Qgis-developer] Compiling QGIS 2.8.6 - svg icons in toolbar missing

Ludwig, Christina s6chludw at uni-trier.de
Mon Feb 8 00:51:21 PST 2016

Hi,

I compiled QGIS 2.8.6 using MSVC Express 2010 on Windows 7 32bit. The built completes without any errors and after installation QGIS starts fine. However, there are some icons missing in the toolbar. Specifically, all SVG icons are missing while the PNG icons are there.

I added the OSGeo4W/include/qt4/QtSvg folder to the Include directories in MSVC Express. "qsvg4.dll" is in OSGeo4W/apps/qt4/plugins/imageformats and "qsvgicon4.dll" and "qsvgicond4.dll" are in OSGeo4W/apps/qt4/plugins/imageformats. Do I have to add them as well to some VC++ directory? Are there any other dependencies missing?

Has anybody experienced this problem before or knows what might be wrong?

Cheers,
Christina