[Qgis-developer] Help us plan for QGIS 3.0

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Feb 9 01:04:26 PST 2016

Il 09/02/2016 00:36, Larry Shaffer ha scritto:

> Please keep in mind, for the Mac user community, the sooner a 3.0 beta
> release is available the better, as Qt4 has very fragile support for
> building on the current OS version and may not build at all on future ones.

I had the same idea, for similar reasons (also on Debian we've the same
issue), but from a global perspective I believe the choice made is the
best compromise between all different needs.
Of course the crucial point is having people investing heavily in qgis3,
so we'll have it released soon, minimising all side effect of several
versions in parallel.
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu