[Qgis-developer] Mobile development?

Médéric Ribreux mederic.ribreux at medspx.fr
Thu Feb 11 00:17:04 PST 2016

Hello,

be sure to have a minimum of performances to be able to build QGIS in a
reasonable amount of time.
I tried to do it on my light Lenovo E145 on the train and it takes more
than 1 hour to build QGIS from scratch (perhaps 2 hours with all the
cores). On my desktop computer, the amount of time to do the same thing
is 9 minutes (core i7-something with 8GB of RAM) !

Screen size is also important. I am able to use QGIS on a 11" wide
screen for dev but I can only deal with basic use cases where there are
not too much to do (try to use Processing with the attribute table
opened and the expression dialog box at the same time). Besides, working
on a small screen leads to fix the too large dialog boxes bugs ! A 13"
would definitely be better than 11".

Cheers !
Le 2016-02-11 07:58, Magnus Homann a écrit :
> As in develop while on public transit. :)
>
> Anyone using/developing Qgis on the bus? I've previously used a 13"
> laptop (many years ago), and looking to buy something similar. I want
> to be able to use it on the bus (if possible). Need a decent keyboard
> and a good mouse replacement(e.g. trackpad). Usability more important
> than performance. Budget around 1000 euro. Not sure what size is a
> good fit.
>
> Or is it not advisable at all?
>
> /Magnus

Médéric RIBREUX