[Qgis-developer] Call for 2.14 changelog help

Tim Sutton tim at qgis.org
Thu Feb 11 14:08:56 PST 2016

Hi All

Just a fresh call for those who have written new features in 2.14: Please help us to describe your hard work! We need:

* details of the features
* screenshots of the features
* short video screencasts of the features (new version of the changelog site supports video embeds)
* notes on authors for new features (new version of the changelog site has special fields for these)
* notes on sponsors for new features (new version of the changelog site has special fields for these)

The work in progress changelog is here [1]. If you don’t have write access to the site, either write to me and I will sort it out, or just send me an email with your entry details. Don’t worry if your english is not the best - I will go through the entries and edit them all to be neat & tidy. Any native english speakers with good writing skills who would like to help me with the editorial work, please contact me and I will set you up with needed access rights.

Please don’t publicise the changelog until we have finished it so that users coming to read it can get current and up to date information!

Lastly, I am running a ‘changelog’ sprint day to get the changelog ready - please sign up on the doodle[2] if you are interested so that we can pick the day where the most people can participate. Of course you can work on it independently but on the sprint day I will be hanging around on IRC & Gitter to coordinate the effort (as well as of course working on the changelog). This is a great place for non coders to contribute too - just grab a nightly build and start making screenshots and improving feature descriptions!

[1] http://changelog.inasafe.org/en/qgis/version/2.14.0/
[2] http://doodle.com/poll/8hnhvqez8iuzwzsq

Thanks!

Tim Sutton