[Qgis-developer] Output directory

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 23:41:11 PST 2016

On 18 Feb 2016 18:38, "Paolo Cavallini" <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:

> Hi all,
> a long standing issue in QGIS is the fact that several commands and core
> plugins (not to speak about external plugins) do not honour the "last
> used directory rule" for saving files. As a result, the behaviour is
> unpredictable and confusing.
> I would suggest:
> * do a thorough revision of the default destination dir for all commands
> (I hope this can be done programmatically)
> * maybe adding an option "Always save in the default output directory",
> just like the Download dir in Firefox
> * making this the default also for external plugins.
> Thoughts?
> All the best.

Nathan did a huge amount of work on that front during this cycle. Do you
have specifics of any which don't behave correctly now?

Also worth noting that Denis did some work implementing a reusable file
picked widget with correct handling for all this. We just need to switch
across all the various custom file pickers to this standard widget
(hopefully in 2.16?)

Nyall