[Qgis-developer] QGIS server renders tiled map annotations on every tile

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Feb 18 08:39:17 PST 2016

Or maybe you could use something like MapProxy - which allows to fetch a
bigger chunk of the data in a single request and chops it up into the
tiles and caches them. Then the tiles wouldn't be served by QGIS server
directly, but from the MapRroxy.

MapProxy has a concept of "MetaTiles" to help solve this label issue -
see http://mapproxy.org/docs/nightly/labeling.html

I am not really experienced with it - my guess is that the "MetaTiles"
only partially solves the issue, but doesn't fully fix it.

Andreas

On 2016-02-18 17:25, Alessandro Pasotti wrote:

>> Hi,
>> I'm having some map annotation on some project, not pinned to a location. I
>> use it to let user see some informations about the map he is using (metadata
>> are to deeply hidden in project properties for that).
>> When asking qgis server to render tiles on any layer, every tile show the
>> annotation.
>> Is there an option to avoid that ? If not, should annotation been rendered
>> in Qgis server context?
>>
>> Cheers
>> Régis
>
> Hello,
>
> from QGIS Server point of view, a tile is just a small map, it doesn't have any information about the fact that the tile will be patched to build a bigger map.
>
> You should disable annotations from the project configuration if you are planning to serve the map as tiles.
>
> If you want to keep that configurable, you might want to move annotations to a particular layer and selectively show/hide that layer depending on the requested image size, a simple Server plugin could be helpful in that case.
>
> --
> Alessandro Pasotti
> w3:   www.itopen.it [1]

Links: