[Qgis-developer] Begging for some fixes before LTR release

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 05:22:02 PST 2016

Hi developers,

At less than a week for the release of the second LTR version (QGIS 2.14),
I'd like to draw your attention on two main issues that are not set as
blockers but I'd beg you to solve them:

#13575 (http://hub.qgis.org/issues/13575): adds all the available layers to
the legend in print composer instead of just adding those that are visible
in the map canvas. Not set as blocker (it should imho) but AFAICT this
behaviour was introduced in LTR 2.8 and it's not optimal at all when you
have a very big project.

#13418 (http://hub.qgis.org/issues/13418): it makes preset visibility
pretty unusable with print composers in (large) project with multiple print
composers. For any change you do to a preset, you need to manually echo it
in the map composer properties if you want your maps to be up to date. It's
just unmanageable in, once again, big project (since 2.10 if I'm not wrong).

I know that there are currently some blocking issues, maybe more sensitive
but these ones just block me (and surely many other people) in my daily
work. I'd be grateful to you if someone can give a look to these issues.

Thanks for the fixes :) and thanks for the great work you're doing with
QGIS.

DelazJ