[Qgis-developer] [Server] performance questions

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr
Tue Feb 23 07:55:05 PST 2016

Alessandro Pasotti-2 wrote
> The answer from strk  makes sense to me, I might be wrong but calculating
> estimated metadata on a query doesn't make much sense to me.

Oh, I read too fast Strk's comment. Sorry for that. I won't explore that
dead end no more.
Another idea, maybe autodiscovering extent on data is a good thing for
desktop, less for server. Mapserver takes extent from mapfile, not from
data. Could we imagine adding options to force extents from project
properties and prevent qgis server from asking that to postgis? Such queries
are BTW  very consuming thing on big datasets and I can't imagine big
servers with many sessions keeping on querying postgis geometries just to
get such extent.
Régis